This program gives native English speakers a unique opportunity to teach English and lead activities in a summer camp setting for Chinese children. Participants will gain valuable leadership and cross-cultural teamwork experiences.
1. Training and Orientation Session (July 1 -6, 2012):
International and intercultural Etiquette
Basic Chinese culture and customs, and cultural awareness
Camp activities, and safety and emergency
Explore Chinese culture and attractions:
The Great Wall Hiking, Forbidden City
2. Camp Teaching Session (July 7 ��" 22, 2012):
Apply leadership knowledge and skills into English Culture Camp
Teach oral English language classes
Incorporate English culture into classes
Lead various education activities
Allowance of 1000 RMB for camp teaching
Local sightseeing in Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province
• Be adventurous, confident, and able to cope with new challenges
• Be able to motivate and energize school students
• Need to be a fluent or native English speaker
• Keep an open mind about different culture
• Previous teaching experience is not necessary
Note: Participants must be able to teach under pressure, and are psychologically and physically fit to participate in the program, please consider thoughtfully before making application.
Program Highlights and Benefits:
• Explore Chinese culture and history in a completely unique way
• Earn academic credits transferable to your home degree
• Learn more about yourself and gain life skills
• Increase ability to lead activities while overcoming cultural barriers
• Gain valuable teaching experiences for your resume
• Build friendship through interaction with team players
• Leadership Certification available upon request
• Free accommodation and meals during camp teaching
• Earn money to support your travel (1000RMB for camp teaching)
When training in Beijing, participants are responsible for most of their meals in university cafeterias. During the excursions and camp teaching, three meals daily will be provided unless specified.
Western style fast food s, such as MacDonald’s, KFC and Pizza Hut, are available throughout China, but the cost is on your own.