At Casa Machaya we rent an entire level of our home: with kitchen, private entrance, 2 bedrooms, patio & washroom - to one family or couple or 2 couples. Now also inquire about Mezcal Educational Tours with a recognized authority federally licensed.
Our Oaxaca B & B has easy access to all major highways leading out of the city, to visit the craft villages, market towns, ruins, and ecotourism sites. We are less than 40 minutes from the rug village, the Tlacolola, Ocotlan, Etla and Zaachila markets, Monte Alban, the cotton textile village, the alebrije villages and two of the main pottery villages. Within an hour's drive you are at Mitla, Hierve el Agua, and even one of the ecotourism sites in the Sierra Norte. Yet we are ten minutes from downtown Oaxaca.
Our front garden is predominantly cactus and succulents, and the gardens below the guest level are basically fruit trees: mango, fig, lime, pomegranite, banana, mandarine, grapefruit, orange, and a couple of fruit trees which just don't want to bear fruit.
Map & Directions
Sierra Nevada 164,, Abasolo, Mexico 68024
There are small typical Oaxacan restaurants within a few blocks of the house, and taco stands even closer, on the weekends. We drive our guests to local restaurants and supermarkets, gratuitously.
Our guest level has WIFI, but we also have a desktop computer in the main level of the house for use by all.Business Facilities
Hotel Amenities & Service
- Fax Machine
- Internet Access
- Breakfast - Free
- Laundry Available
- Laundry Facilities
- Parking - Free
- Room Service - 24 Hours
- Room Service - Available
- Cable/Satellite TV
- High Speed Internet
The accommodations are spacious, except for the small second bedroom (which we usually recommend only for children) adjoining the large bedsittingroom:
• The bedsittingroom is 19’ x 13’ and contains a queen size bed with night tables, full size futon (goose down top available to make it comfy), 3 piece wicker settee, TV (cable and DVD with a selection of DVDs) and radio, computer table
• The fully equipped eat-in kitchen is 14’ x 15’ and includes table and four chairs as well as cot for snoozing, with the following appliances: fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster, and electric hand mixer and juicer
• The private patio is 20’ x 22’ and is adorned with a round stone table and four chairs and a couple of padded lawn chairs, as well as potted plants
• The small extra bedroom adjoins the bedsittingroom and is separated by a doorway with curtain. It’s simple, but functional. It contains full size bunk beds, a chest of drawers and a long clothes rod; but read further for occasional additional bedroom availability for others in your party
• A crib with all accessories, high chair and stroller are available upon request at no additional charge
• The washroom is three ��" piece
• All is private including your own separate entrance to the guest level
+ We also have a second independent suite with bedroom, washroom and patio, if travelling with a second couple.
Babysitting, touring, cooking classes, and advice about virtually anything else you would need. I've written over 200 articles about life and cultural traditions in Oaxaca. Check the articles icon on our oaxacadream website, and on suite101.
Policies & Restrictions
Children and infants welcoe.
Smoking in the open kitchen and patio.
Listing # RA-1156800