The Hotel is located in the centre of Merida at walking distance from the zocalo. It is very stylish and luxuous, It's a true yucatecan colonial house, close to everything but still located in a very quiet street!
There are many things to do in Yucatan.
* visit the zocallo (central marketplace) with the church and the house of Francisco de Montejo build out of the stones of the old Maya city.
* also at the zocalo see the palaccio the Gobierno which has paintings about the history of Merida and Yucatan.
* Merida has many nice restaurants and bars. Ask us which one we can recommend...
* Friday, saturday and sunday the downtown area of Merida is closed and there is live music. The atmosphere is very relaxed and people are dancing in the street. This event is called Corazon de Merida and it happens from 09:00 pm to 02:00 am. At sunday it's only in the morning.
* Every thursday evening there is an open-air concert in downtown Merida featuring Yucatecan dress, dance, music and folklore at the Santa Lucia Park on Calle 60 and 55 at 9:00 pm.
* Also visit Museo MACAY for Bici Ruta. Every Sunday from 8 AM to 12:30 . It's a tour on bycicle and the route is closed for traffic.
* go shopping in one of the many modern malls Merida has, i.e. Liverpool, Alta Brisa, Gran Plaza etc etc...
* go bowling in planet bowl
* play tennis, table tennis, golf, basketball, ice skating etc ... in the many sportfacilities Merida has...
* there are some casino's, one of the biggest is "Golden Island".
* visit at saturaday night Fiesta Mexicana from 8:00 pm to midnight.
* visit the Merida City Museum, the Anthropology and History Museum, the MACAY museum etc...
* Go shopping at the markets, Pasaje Picheta or the best in the city, Casa de las Artesanias on Calle 63, with handcrafts from Yucatan made by Yucatecans with the best prices in the city
In the surroundings of Merida:
* Make a daytour to Chitzen Itza
* Visit Celestun to make a boat tour to see many animals, flamingo's and mangrove. Then have a nice suntan on the paradise beach or drink a sol at one of the bars at the beach...
* Make the 3 cenote tour in Cuzama. The transport by horse wagon brings you to the old times..
* Visit an old hacienda like Ochil, Sotuta de Peon or Yaxcopoil. and see how hennequin was produced. Ochil has a nice restaurant and swimmingpool. Sotuta has a nice restaurant and organize hacienda tours.
* Do as the inhabitants of Merida and go to have a swim at the beach in Progresso. I
* visit Dzibilchaltun to see the temple of the seven dolls, the cenote and the museum and combine this with a visit of the Tecoh caves
* Go out sea fishing in one of the harbours close to Progresso. You can also rent a boat there or windsurfboard..
* go to Izamal to see it's big Monastery
* make a tour in the San Crisanto mangroves and see many birds and have a swim in a cenote
* A great day trip from Merida â€" only 43 miles away - a visit to the Oxkintok Ruins and nearby Calcehtok Caves makes a wonderful adventure!
* For the ones who love adventure: go on a kayaktour to X-cambo, go diving in Cenotes, make a rappel.
* Make a buggy tour on the beach to a hacienda where you change vehicle for a quad or cart. Then visit the hacienda museum.
* Do the convent route. The Convent Route is a day trip that will take you somewhat off the beaten path and into the heart of the Yucatan. Meandering through the country side of the west-central part of the state, you will visit Mayan villages and ruins, colonial churches, cathedrals and convents, courtyards and cenotes, all dating back centuries...
* Visit Izamal with it's big franciscan monastery..
Hotel Merida Santiago building:
Hotel "Merida Santiago" is partly an old construction. It's front construction is under supervision of the national inheritage association. When reconstructing the building the best local materials were chosen. The columns are for example made from macedonia stone as well as the toptables and sinks in the bathrooms. The building has a large diningroom/reception and big semi open roof covered breakfast/bar area. It's also possible to have breakfast in the open sky, for example in our front garden with it's fountain. There is the availability of a large filtered pool (5m x 8m) which is deep enough to have a real swim (1.6m - 1.90m). The construction is in true yucatecan colonial style which means high ceilings, arches with colums, bright colours and lots of open area. The heigh ceiling regulate a better climate in the rooms. Futher we have many doors and windows to have a good ventilation and enough daylight if you want.... The atmosphere is open and the building will bring you in holiday mood as soon as you enter the front door!
Map & Directions
74a 57 59a, Merida, Mexico 97000
Hotel Merida Santiago
Calle 74 A # 499 x 57 y 59A
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Nearby Attractions and Services
|100 meters||Santiago Park and Market|
|800 meters||Main Zocalo|
|800 meters||Palacio de Gobierno|
|1.2 km||Santa Lucia Park and Restaurants|
|2 km||Paseo de Montejo|
There is high speed internet adsl / WIFI in all areas and there are books in different languages available at the reception.
There is WIFI reception in the rooms and terrace.Business FacilitiesGeneralHotel Amenities & Service
- Breakfast - Free
- Laundry Available
- Parking - Available
- Parking - Free
- Shuttle Service - Complimentary
- Swimming Pool
- Air Conditioning
- Cable/Satellite TV
- High Speed Internet
Suite nr 1: Plenty of space (323 sq. ft./30 m2), heigh ceilings (12 ft./3.6 m), a ceilingfan, minisplit airconditioning with remote control, 3 windows and a big double door in Miami Style, a kingsize bed, a large size bathroom with 2 sinks made of macedonia stone on a macedonia toptable and a big rain shower. We almost forget to mention the swimming pool view and the sun terrace in the front with 2 sunbeds and 2 garden chairs. The suite can accomodate a maximum of 2 persons.
Suite nr 2: Plenty of space (485 sq. ft./45 m2), heigh ceilings (12 ft./3.6m), 4 windows and a 2 big double doors in Miami Style, 2 queensize beds, hammock hooks, a large size bathroom with 2 sinks made of macedonia stone on a macedonia toptable, 2 ceilingfans, minisplit airconditioning with remote control, a 2 person hydrojet jacuzzi and a big seperate rain shower and with the swimming pool view with 2 sunbeds and 2 garden chairs, this rooms has everything to feel confortable. The suite can accomodate a maximum of 4 persons.
For your comfort:
Six suites have:
- daily maid service
- Flatscreen televsion 32" and 37"
- cable television with 72 channels
- minibar with free drinks
- Happy Hour from 6:30 to 7:30 pm, free botana is served.
- Breackfast is include
- we have a dedicate chef in the Hotel only for our guest
We can arrange many services (roomservice, fresh flowers, bottle of wine on arrival in room, horse carriage pick up etc etc)
Policies & Restrictions
* Because of safety. Due to the dept of the swimmingpool we cannot accept guest under the age of 10 years old.
* Smoking is not allowed in the building. Please smoke in our front garden.
* We have a small dog (a maltese) in theHotel. His name is Gio (see about us).
* Check out at 12:00 am. - Check in from 15:00 pm. If it's possible we can be flexible in this.
* Breakfast is served from 7:30 am. till 9:30 am.
Jan van Engelen
Listing # RA-1197713